Even in sunny Los Angeles, homes still need a furnace or heating system to keep them warm on colder days. When the winds blow in from the Pacific Ocean, the temperatures can get quite chilly, especially for the suburban cities in the hills and valleys. Although you won’t be using your heater most of the time, you still depend on it at certain times of the year. For this reason, you need reliable, trustworthy heater repair in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Target Appliance Repair provides timely heater repair services to residential customers in the Sherman Oaks area and surrounding cities. You can call us anytime, including nights, weekends, and holidays. We are available around-the-clock for our customers!
When to Call for an HVAC Repair Company in Sherman Oaks CA
Over the years, we’ve noticed that homeowners are often unsure of when to call for heater repair in Sherman Oaks & Los Angeles, CA. Making this call can be even more difficult when you only use your heater on occasion. Maybe your home didn’t get quite as warm as it should have, but the temps warm-up and you turn your heater off and go about your day.
The fact is that if your furnace is not working, it can cause more problems than a lack of warm air. It can also lead to high energy bills and an unsafe home. For instance, if your heat exchanger is cracked, carbon monoxide can leak into your home and create a hazardous environment.
Bottom line: When you notice signs of trouble, call for heating repair in Sherman Oaks right away. In the meantime, here are some signs that it’s time to schedule an appointment for your HVAC system.
- Strange noises. HVAC equipment often lets you know that something is wrong by the noises it makes. You can think of this as your heating equipment communicating with you. Give our techs a call if you hear strange noises like banging, creaking, and rattling.
- Yellow pilot light. A healthy burner flame is blue. If yours is a different color, this indicates that something is wrong. Yellow is a particular concern because it indicates the presence of carbon monoxide in the home. Orange, red, purple, or green means your furnace has too much condensate.
- High utility bills. If your utility bills are outrageously high for no reason, this points to a problem with your heater. Not addressing this problem won’t just hurt your wallet but also your home’s carbon footprint. An inefficient furnace takes longer to heat up and uses more energy.
- Old age. Average life cycles for modern furnaces are between 15-25 years. As with any machine, your heater will be less efficient and more costly to run overtime. You can expect the need for more repairs the older your system is.
- Inconsistent temperatures. If you have to keep adjusting your thermostat, chances are, something is up with it. You’ll also notice that some rooms feel warm and others chilly because the heat isn’t being distributed evenly.
Common Types of Heater Repair in Sherman Oaks
The technicians at Target Appliance Repair are comfortable working on all makes and models of heating equipment. Knowing some of the most common repairs can help you plan for these costs and know when it’s time to upgrade your equipment.
Here are some of the most common repairs that our licensed, certified technicians can perform:
- Clean and replace filters. Filters that are dirty or clogged can decrease the efficiency of your furnace. Our techs will check your filters and make sure that clean air is being pumped into your home.
- Install new thermostat. Thermostats are more important than people realize. They’re like the brain of your heating system! A malfunctioning thermostat can’t give the correct instructions to your furnace, which is why you might be getting inconsistent temperatures.
- Check and replace components. Some heating components deteriorate over time. These include bearings, belts, motors, fan blades, burners, and more. Our Sherman Oaks heating repair techs will check every part to make sure they are working as they should.
- Replace faulty ignition. Our licensed Sherman Oaks HVAC repair service techs can check for ignition problems. These issues can stop your furnace from generating heat, even if the other parts are in good condition.
Get Your Heating System Inspected Today
Regular maintenance is the best way to avoid unexpected heater repair in Sherman Oaks. We typically recommend having a tune-up every year, much like you would go to the doctor for a physical. Our techs will look at your system and make sure that everything is working as it should. The tasks that can make your system healthy include tightening screws and bolts, changing filters, removing debris, and replacing certain components.
If your furnace does start showing signs of trouble, give us a call and we’ll be happy to take a look. You might be able to tell where the problem is coming from, but troubleshooting is a different story. It takes highly trained and licensed techs, as well as superior testing equipment, to make a diagnosis and repair your system. Expect the highest quality service with Target Appliance Repair. For a free estimate on furnace repair in Los Angeles, contact us today.